The lovely Rob from Weight2Lose2013 has nominated me for a Leibster Award! I’m very flattered.
Onto the rules of the Leibster Award…Thanks for letting me cut n paste….
Thank the rockin’ blogger that nominated you (done!)
Answer the 11 questions you were given (done!)
Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 500 followers (done. This was a great challenge as I found a whole heap of new blogs to follow that I nominated)
Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer (done!)
Tag your nominees and post a comment in their blog so they know they’ve been nominated (work in progress…soon to be done)
1. Why do you blog?
The picture explains it all. I treat it a little like an online diary that anyone can read….I honestly didn’t think I’d ever get followers so I’m stoked with those who are here!
2. What’s worse – tight pants or oversized shoes.
I’m a shoe girl, so it’s gotta be the shoes!
3. Are you a cat or dog person (or neither).
Can I say both? I will. I love cats and dogs…At the moment the love of my life Coco Pop (my German Shepherd) is patiently watching me type this.
4. What was the most boring date you’ve ever been on?
I met a guy from POF.com (well before Manly Matt) and we caught up for coffee. There was no chemistry, we barely spoke and I kid you not he checked his phone…When I asked him if he had to be somewhere he sheepishly said, “Oh I pay candy crush and was checking my score”. Needless to say I left muttering something about having to do washing and cleaning my bathroom with a toothbrush…Ugh, Candy Crush…Really?
5. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I have many silly, funny, crazy things but it’s hard to pinpoint what is the actual craziest! So how about I go with the top 5 (in no particular order):
- Canyon Swing in Queenstown NZ. I don’t like heights at all so when my cousin recommended I try this I thought she was cray, cray! But it was a lot of fun and a total rush.
- Agreeing to participate in a 220km charity bike ride (over 2 days – that’s 110km per day)…I don’t even like bikes! But I did raise over $3000 for cancer research and compassionate care as well as surviving bike ride over 160km (I had a 50km rest in a support vehicle on day 2).
- Starting up this blog and laying my inner-most thoughts out for you all. I’ve always been an over-sharer (I call it failure to shut up syndrome) and now the blog allows me to indulge. Well worth the craziness.
- Many years ago my BFF R(the divine Danish Goddess) and I went out to the local student bar for a few quiet drinks and karaoke. A few drinks turned into many and karaoke will never be the same as we jumped onto the stage to join in on songs and basically murdered every song you’ve ever heard.
- Adopting Coco my rescue dog – totally crazy to adopt a dog when I rent and work full time (with a job that requires me to travel overnight multiple times a year). But the best thing I’ve ever done! Seriously.
6. If you could have lunch with a historical figure dead or alive, who would it be?
To be honest I’d rather have lunch with my loved ones and have every ’empty chair’ filled at the table. The idea to have even just an hour with all of those in my extended family and friends including those who’ve passed away is a beautiful thought.
7. What is your favorite barbecue food?
Sausages! I will never turn down a snag (Aussie slang for sausage) in bread with tomato sauce/ketchup. I know they’re horrid and made up of the offcuts but they’re my favourite just the same.
8. Name your favorite childhood candy.
Tough one! I’m gonna say big boss cigars
As a kid I loved these things. They are just sugar, sugar, sugar but if I had money for tuck shop/canteen I’d always want one of these. They were really cheap too – only .15 or .20 cents if I recall. Much dearer now and I’m pretty sure they aren’t called cigars anymore because that wouldn’t be PC.
9. If I asked your best friend your 3 best qualities what would they say?
I did ask the divine Danish goddess R (my BFF) this and after careful consideration she came back with…
PS. Here’s a sneaky pic of us from last years annual Melbourne catch-up.
10.Name 3 places that you would like to visit.
- Seminyak, Bali …I have visions of a 4-5 nite getaway at a private villa involving cocktails, good friends, massages and day spa treatments, as well as a touch of shopping.
- New York City. Nuff Said.
- Cinque Terre, Italy. It combines everything I love: Italy, Walking, Pasta, Vino.
What is your favorite season and why?
Summer. No matter how romantic winter seems with it’s log fires, snuggles with your someone special, and the fact you get to wear awesome coats and hosiery I love summer. There’s something about hot days lazing by the beach or the pool, nights with BBQs and cold ciders, a sun tan, Christmas and New Years Eve (Southern Hemisphere folks), ice cream, warmth, happy faces, sun cream, morning hikes and afternoon siestas…I love summer.
11 blogs I nominate for a Leibster:
- The Whyte House: ex-work colleague and hubby planning their dream to move to the country
- My so called adventures in online dating: She had me at OK Cupid and the sad tale of rocker dude
- Minx in the City – a good friend’s helpful advice on all things bedroom related
- Me and Dating – refreshing to hear a gentleman’s search for love in the online world
- Corrie Ann – I just love Corrie Anne’s positive blogs! Oh and she’s a beast at crossfit
- Croque-Camille – A big beautiful mix of all I love: food, travel & Paris! A recent find but a good one!
- Coco Chocolate – All about chocolate! I am going to visit this store next time I’m in Sydney!
- Exclusively Cats – A whole blog dedicated to cats, I love cats almost as much as I love dogs!
- Cat from Hell – growing up we had 2 Siamese cats (Tabitha and Max) so I’ll always have a soft spot for this breed & who doesn’t like a cat named Penelope!
- All Things Aimee – Aimee likes to visit parts of Australia – it’s so lovely to see a blog about travel in Australia.
- Contented Imperfection – the running post made me laugh out loud! This is my thought process to a T during a run.
Now if you choose to participate please follow the rules above and additionally answer the following 11 questions…. Or just answer the questions so I can see what your responses are – reading your awesome blogs is the whole reason I nominated you to begin with …
- Were you named after anyone?
- Do you have kids?
- Would you bungee jump?
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
- Mountain hideaway or beach house? And why?
- Your favourite travel destination?
- Milk, white or dark chocolate and why?
- Name a foreign city you want to live in and why?
- The last movie you watched?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What book are you reading right now?
Congratulations & Good Luck!