Brooke’s Beef Quesadilla
I LOVE Mexican food. It’s an obsession….I mean why wouldn’t you? Meat, cheese, greens, tequila, sangria, margarita, salsa, corn chips….You get the picture.
A couple of weeks ago I spotted a recipe for quesadillas that looked easy! I’m a big fan of easy food….It’s not masterchef in my kitchen. I decided to make mince beef quesadillas as I a) didn’t have any chicken at home and b) didn’t wanna go to the supermarket to get some and c) I love beef! So here’s my creation and recipe….I’ll warn you this isn’t clean eating. There’s cheese and wheat and sour cream and salsa in this!
500g ground beef mince
½ red capsicum diced
1 red onion diced
¼ cup of water
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
- Cook onion until softened
- Add capsicum & mince
- Cook mince beef until browned
- Add Taco seasoning and ¼ cup of water
- Stir until the mince is combined with seasoning and water
- Remove from heat
- Take wrap and place pan
- Layer lettuce, mince, cheese onto one half of the wrap (like a half moon)
- Fold top of wrap so it looks like a half moon
- Flip the moon over and cook the other side
- Serve immediately
You might wanna add some sour cream or natural yoghurt to your table for this one. All that chilli powder packs a mighty punch. I also recommend maybe adding a lovely salad with cucumber, capsicum, tomato to the plate to make it even better!
PS. Don’t forget to add a margarita!! This is not clean eating!