Today is a good day.
The divine Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat Pray Love… For the record I didn’t finish the book, but I loved the movie & I follow her on Facebook so I figure it’s all good) had the idea that whenever you experienced a happy day/moment you should write it down and pop it into a jar – well she said to find a happy moment of each day and write it down but nobody got time for dat! Then on the bad days you can re-read them and not feel so bad after all. I love this idea so much…. Positive thinking to put your bad moods into perspective.
Instead of a jar I’m going to keep my happy thoughts right here – on the blog! Where I can find them.
So today’s happy moments!!!
1. I found my freaking passport last night!! This is a very big deal. I’m off to New Zealand for work later this month and despite Australia & New Zealand being almost cousins you need your passport to go there. I was positive I’d left mine safe & sound on the top of my dresser but then when I went to get it I realised it had grown legs and moved. I’ve spent the last 3 weeks searching high and low for it with no luck. Last night I was admitting defeat when low behold I found it hidden between corsets in my pyjama drawer…. Why are my corsets in there you ask? Because my darlings there are bed wear!
2. I made this yummy chicken salad last night. I don’t have a high opinion of salad but I found this awesome simple chicken salad on Nom Nom Paleo and I had to try it.
- 1 chicken breast steamed shredded or cubed
- 1-2 apples sliced into matchsticks
- Slivered almonds (toasted) or pinenuts toasted
- Fresh parsely 1 teaspoon
- Fresh chives 1 teaspoon
- Cherry tomatoes or normal tomatoes quartered
- Good quality mayonnaise (or make it yourself – whatever) to cover ingredients without appearing like you have an addiction to mayonnaise.*
Mix together and enjoy!!!
I grabbed a 400 gram chicken breast from the supermarket and steamed that baby whilst frantically searching for my passport. Then after it had cooled (well I was actually still looking for the passport and forgot about dinner) I shredded it. I had pine nuts because they were in the cupboard but I figure you could put whatever you wanted in their for some added crunch! If you were feeling more healthy you could even lay the chicken mayo mix on top of some fresh lettuce. It was delish! Plus I had enough for lunch today…Which I added a few chunks of Avocado in it as the avocado was looking a little peaky. I thought it best to eat now rather than waste tomorrow.
*Just a note to say unless your mayo is in-fact paleo made or a paleo brand it won’t actually be a paleo recipe. Don’t worry I won’t tell anyone if you buy a bottle from the supermarket like I did.
What are your happy thoughts this week???